Appropriate behavior is expected from all participants and observers in programs and in facilities to protect the enjoyment and safety of all patrons. Behaviors that will not be accepted include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Endangering the health and safety of other participants, patrons or staff.
- Disrupting a program or creating a disturbance at a facility.
- Continuous refusal to follow program and/or facility rules and guidelines.
- Use of verbal harassment, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity or racial slurs.
- Blatant disrespect of staff and program or facility rules and guidelines.
- Blatant disrespect of staff and program or facility rules and guidelines.
- Damage, vandalism or theft of private or Park District facilities, equipment or supplies.
- Possession or use of illegal substances or medication, including the use of alcohol or smoking where prohibited.
- Inappropriate or offensive dress, including, but not limited to dress which is too revealing and clothing which displays obscene or offensive words or pictures.
- Possession or threat of a weapon.
- Gang activity including display or possession of symbols, hand signals, soliciting membership, intimidating or threatening any individual, wearing or displaying colors or items of dress, etc.
- Inappropriate display of affection, including but not limited to prolonged kissing and touching of any private area of the body.
The following outlines steps that may be used with patrons who are not behaving appropriately. Membership or program fees will not be refunded for any person removed from a program or facility due to violation of this behavior policy. Some programs or facilities may have stricter or more detailed behavior policies.
All program participants are expected to behave appropriately and follow the rules of the program and facility. A participant will receive written notice for inappropriate behavior, and in the case of a minor, a copy of the notice will be provided to such minor's parent/guardian. If a participant receives three notices of inappropriate behavior, or if the participant is involved in one severe incident, as determined by District staff, the participant may no longer participate in the program until a meeting is scheduled and held. The participant, a parent / guardian if the participant is a minor, the program instructor, the program supervisor and any other persons, whom the District considers necessary for a resolution of the inappropriate behavior, shall be present at such meeting. At the meeting, the question of continued participation in the program will be considered and, primarily for minor participants, a Behavior Contract may be prepared as a condition of continued participation. Such a Behavior Contract will be personalized to the circumstances and the participant, and will include specific expectations and consequences for failure to meet such expectations, including possible suspension and /or termination from program participation. Inappropriate behavior by adults may result in more rapid progress toward suspension or termination from program participation. Any participant that receives a suspension and is permitted to return to the program does on the "zero tolerance" basis. Any further incident will result in immediate termination of that individual. Termination of participation may carry from program to program pending the severity of the issue as determined by the District.
All facility participants are expected to follow the rules of the facilities. Disregard or abuse of facility rules may result in removal by staff or police from the facility for a designated length or time or permanently.
Observers of programs are also expected to behave appropriately. Parents, friends and any observers are held to the same standards of behavior as participants. If inappropriate behavior of a program observer is reported to or observed by a staff person, the observer will be asked to leave by the staff or police, if necessary.
Any participant who is suspended or terminated from program participation shall have the right to appeal to the Executive Director within fourteen days of any notice of suspension or termination. The Executive Director shall thereupon schedule a meeting concerning such appeal, and the appellant shall be entitled to present his or her version of the facts at such meeting. Within five days after such meetings, the Executive Director shall notify the appellant in writing that the suspension or termination has been affirmed, modified, or reversed. The Executive Director shall notify the Board of Park Commissioners of the meeting and the decision.
It is a vision of the Worth Park District to provide safe and wholesome programs in well-maintained facilities for our residents and guests. Rules must be followed and policies such as this must be established to protect this vision for all involved. Our goal is not to remove patrons from programs or facilities, but to work together with participants and / or parents/ guardians to the best of our ability to correct or deal with a problem. The Worth Park District asks for your cooperation in behaving appropriately and teaching your children the importance of appropriate behavior and following rules.
Registrants and participants permit the taking of photos and videos of themselves and their children during Park District activities. These photos or videos are for Park District use only and may be used for publications and promotional materials as the Park District deems necessary.
All registration is processed on a first come, first serve basis. Registration for the programs and events listed within are accepted as of the first day of open registration. Any registration that is submitted prior to the start of open enrollment will be processed no later than 6pm on the first day of open registration.
Registration is accepted only at Terrace Centre location at 115th and Beloit between the hours of 9am and 6pm or by filling out the registration form online and emailing to the address provided. Registration will not be entered until payment has been received.
For your convenience we accept registration in the forms of WALK-IN, DROP-OFF, MAIL-IN, E-MAIL, FAX and PHONE. There will be a fee of an additional $3 for each registration taken via the fax or phone. Payments may be made with cash, check, VISA, MasterCard or bank debit cards. Checks should always be made payable to the Worth Park District.
To request a refund on a program, a Refund Request Form must be completed and submitted at Registration Counter at the Terrance Centre. Administration approval must be received before a refund will be issued.
- A full refund will be given when the Park District cancels a trip/program or a refund is requested because of being placed on a waiting list.
- A refund minus a service charge will be given when a request is received a minimum of four days before the start of the registered program.
- A prorated refund with a service charge may be granted when a refund request is received with less than four days before the start or after the start of the registered program and the reason is approved. Documentation or medical back-up may be requested with your refund request in order to be approved. The prorated refund will be based on the date the request was received, not the last attended class. No refunds will be issued for individually missed or forgotten classes.
- No refund requests will be granted that are made more than:
- two (2) business days after a one day program or special event.
- After the first full class of the session.
- Refunds for trips will not be given unless one of the following occurs:
- Park District cancels the trip.
- A replacement is found to take the trip.
- Deposits for certain programs and trips that are identified as nonrefundable and therefore the refund policy does not apply.
- The cost of purchased individual supplies or equipment, such as t-shirts, uniforms, trophies, costumes, etc. will be deducted form your refund. No reimbursements will be given for required equipment or supply purchases made by the participant or parent.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for your refund to be processed. If originally paid by check or cash, a check will be mailed to you. If paid by VISA, Mastercard, or Discover Card, we must credit the card with which payment was made.
- Any programs with special policies void the preceding.
Service Charge Policy
All refunds issued which are not results of a Park District cancellation will be assessed a service charge. The service charge for programs with fees of $10 or more will be $5; programs with fees less than $10 will be charged 50% of the program fee.
Every effort is made to avoid canceling classes. However, a minimum number of participants must be registered. Notification of class cancellation may be made with as little as 24-hour notice. In cases where a program is canceled, you will be notified before the start of the program and a full refund will be issued.
- All transfer requests will be honored if there are openings in the class requesting to be transferred to and the participant is the appropriate age for the program.
- If additional payment is due, this must be made at the time of the transfer request. For a refund see #8 under Refund Policy.